This one pot seafood and rice jambalaya is a simple southern dish with little mess and lots of flavor.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20-30 minutes|
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 lb chicken diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 white or yellow onion diced
- 1 lb smoked sausage sliced
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis optional
- 1 tbsp creole/cajun seasonings
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 lb rice
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and devined
- 1 bundle cilantro for taste or garnish
- Using a large stock pot and medium heat, warm oil and cook chicken until it appears white.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the shrimp.
- Bring the mix to a boil, stirring often. Once the pot is boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes. The rice should be cooked.
- If using shrimp, add them in 15 minutes into the simmering process.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Share this Recipe
You must be logged in to post a comment.