November 10, 2017
Red Lentil Curry (Non-traditional)
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 tbsp chicken broth mix
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 medium potato
- Bring to a boil the water needed to cook the lentils. Before boiling and adding lentils, mix in the chicken broth seasonings. Cook lentils according to package.
- Peel and cut potato into small chunks, and add to boiling water with lentils.
- After simmering lentils for 10 minutes, add in the remaining spices and continue to simmer. Potatoes should be cooked and soft by now. If not, continue to simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once potatoes are soft enough to mash, turn off heat and mash to achieve a creamy texture. Color may vary depending on the amount of spices used. For a richer color you may add extra seasonings.
- Serve over any rice or grain you prefer.
Share this Recipe
You must be logged in to post a comment.