September 14, 2017
Mediterranean Tabouli and Chicken
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 bunches parsley washed and chopped
- 3-4 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 medium cucumber chopped
- 4/5 chicken breasts
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp parsley minced
- 5-6 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- After chopping tomato, cucumber and parsley. Mint and green onion are optional and can also be chopped and added in this step, and amount can be determined by taste.
- Combine the chopped vegetables and herbs in a medium bowl.
- Pour lime/lemon juice, olive oil and mixed gently.
- Cover and refrigerate to serve chilled. Tabouli is finished.
- Pour lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, garlic and oregano in a large plastic bag.
- For even cooking pierce chicken with fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in bag and marinate for about 20 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, when you are ready to bake chicken.
- Empty contents of plastic bag in a oven safe dish, and bake for 30-40 minutes. Chicken is cooked thoroughly if there is no pink color on the center or the center has reached 165 degrees F.
- Serve chicken over couscous with pita and hummus.
Share this Recipe
You must be logged in to post a comment.