April 2, 2019
Country Chicken Salad Sandwich
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 2 lbs chicken breast Boiled
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Cups dried cranberries
- 2 Cups Celery diced
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Poppy seeds
- 1 Loaf Sourdough Individiual Preference
- Fill a medium sized pot with water, bring to a boil and add chicken breast.
- Boil chicken for about 30 minutes. Take out a breast and slice the thickest part to check if it is fully cooked. Breast should be all white with no pink coloring. You can also measure internal temperature using a thermometer, *165 degrees is the minimal internal temperature poultry has to reach to be fully cooked
- When chicken is finished cooking drain and shred in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand held mixer is an easy hack to speed up this tedious process.
- Add the following ingredients: mayo, cranberries, celery, almonds, and poppy seeds to mixing bowl with chicken. Mix well.
- Toast two slices of bread, and scoop some country chicken salad on each for open face chicken salad toast or scoop some chicken salad on 1 bread and add the second slice on top for a country chicken salad sandwich.
- Serve with any fruit or side salad, we used green grapes.
Share this Recipe
You must be logged in to post a comment.