April 24, 2019
Chicken Limon with Bowtie Pasta and Broccoli
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||30 Minutes|
|Passive Time||10 Minutes|
- 2 Lbs. chicken breast Thinly sliced fillets
- 1/3 Cup flour
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- Cooking Oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 Small jar capers
- 1 Box Bowtie Pasta
- 2 Lbs. Broccoli
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1/2 Cup White Vinegar Can also subtitute for white wine
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Stick butter
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 3 Medium lemons For garnish (1) and lemon juice (2)
Lemon Butter Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium sized pan combine vinegar and garlic and bring to a boil. Simmer about 3-4 minutes to reduce vinegar in half.
- Pour into bowl and strain to remove garlic.
- Rinse out the saucepan and add butter. Once melted add the vinegar, heavy cream, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Squeeze 2 lemons to add lemon juice into sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While the lemon butter sauce is simmering, fillet your chicken breasts. Coat with flour adding salt and pepper.
- In another frying pan, coat the bottom of the pan with cooking oil and sautee fillets for about 5 minutes each side.
- During this time prepare your broccoli for baking. Line a baking sheet with foil, add broccoli, drizzle olive oil, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- After chicken is done sautéing, add chicken to a baking dish and coat with lemon butter sauce. Add a few capers and lemon slices with the remaining lemon and bake for 20 minutes.
- Also add broccoli into oven.
- While chicken and broccoli bakes, bring a pot of water to boil. Add pasta and follow cooking instructions for pasta.
- When your pasta is strained, return to pot.
- When chicken and broccoli are finished baking, transfer chicken to serving platter and use the lemon butter sauce that's leftover into the pot with the pasta. Mix well.
- Serve pasta with chicken on top, adding a lemon slice and capers for garnish. Plate with broccoli and enjoy!
Share this Recipe
You must be logged in to post a comment.