Butternut Squash Chili…or soup
With Holiday decorations out and Halloween things on clearance, it’s no wonder Thanksgiving always gets forgotten. Here is the perfect recipe for a family get together, friendsgiving or a cozy night in.
- 1/3 c farro Trader joe's 10 minute farro
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups butternut squash pre-cut
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 4 cups chicken broth may depend on desired texture
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp corriander
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 oz dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp red wine optional
- Cook farro or rice according to package to instructions.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Then add ground beef and tomatoes. cook until ground beef is browned.
- Add cooked farro, butternut squash, beans, broth, spices and paste and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cover with lid and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add dark chocolate, red wine, salt and pepper to taste and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, parmesan cheese, and cilantro.
Share this Recipe
You must be logged in to post a comment.