April 3, 2019
Broccoli Bacon Salad with Chicken
|Prep Time||30 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
|Passive Time||5 Minutes|
- 8 Cups Broccoli florets
- 1.5 Lb chicken breast cooked and diced
- 1 Lb thick cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1-2 Lb Sharp cheddar shredded
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Texas Toast About 1 per person
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then heat a large skillet to cook bacon.
- Cube and season chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bake 30 minutes until chicken is no longer pink on the inside or until internal temperature of 165* f. is reached.
- Start bacon on medium-high heat. Fry until crispy. Set aside, let cool.
- While bacon is cooking, Use a large mixing bowl add mayo, sour cream, yogurt, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well, and refrigerate.
- If Bacon is done set aside on a paper towel to cool now. Then wash and chop broccoli also setting aside on paper towels to dry.
- Remove chicken from oven once cooked and increase oven temperature to 425 degrees and change setting to broil.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Add broccoli, salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Broil broccoli for 10 minutes.
- After broccoli is finished, let cool down. Use this time to chop bacon.
- In large mixing bowl add broccoli, bacon, chicken, dressing, and remaining ingredients. Mix well, serve with Texas Toast.
Share this Recipe
You must be logged in to post a comment.