September 6, 2017
Apple French Toast Bake
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 1 loaf French bread or sourdough, cut into chunks
- 3 cup apples choppped (2 large)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cup milk whole or 2%
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar unpacked
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup salted butter cut into pieces
- Greaase a 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine bread chunks and chopped apples in baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy whipping cream, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and both sugars.
- Pour wet ingredient mixture over bread and apples.
- Cover and let sit overnight in the fridge. When you are prepared to bake it, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- 5-8 minutes before the dish is ready, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and crumble on top of the casserole. Continue baking for 5-8 minutes until streusel topping is melted. Serve warm with syrup.
Share this Recipe
You must be logged in to post a comment.